Full time/Permanent position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Research Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and evaluating the research and policy analysis function of the Council. This includes direct involvement in research conducted by the Council. In collaboration with the staff team, the Coordinator develops and implements the annual research agenda. The Coordinator demonstrates an excellent understanding of research methods, particularly community-based research, and the capacity to conduct research in an ethical manner that meets rigorous standards. Working in collaboration with colleagues from the larger research community, the Coordinator examines relevant social policies and issues and provides timely and practical analysis that reflects the vision and mission of the Council.
· Minimum Bachelor degree in Social Sciences with a research emphasis.
· Experience in research design and implementation, project management, analysis and report writing.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office applications, social media tools and publishing software.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
· Experience supervising/mentoring students.
· Professional work experience in areas of affordable housing and homelessness, food security and social inclusion is considered an asset.
SalaryRange: $48,000.00 to $53,000.00 annually (commensurate with experience and negotiable)
The Council offers an excellent benefits plan and pension.
Please submit application letter and resume plus a sample of your professional writing by electronic mail no later than 4:00 p.m. January 12, 2018. We thank applicants in advance for their submissions, but we will only contact those people who will be interviewed for the position. Please submit applications to:
Edmonton Social Planning Council
Attn: Susan Morrissey, Executive Director
#37, 9912-106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5